Completed Research Reports Pre-EPAct 2005 Section 999
Prior to the implementation of the current RPSEA program supported by provisions of the Energy Policy Act of 2005 (EPAct), RPSEA managed a program of research supported by funding from the Gas Research Institute (GRI). Under that program, RPSEA awarded funding to 22 research projects that focused on increasing energy supply from domestic ultra-deepwater and unconventional resources. Abstracts and summaries for the completed projects are listed below.
Please note, you must be a RPSEA member to access FULL reports.
(Reports are in PDF format. If you don't have Adobe Reader, you can download it here.)
- Literature Review Summary for Comparative Analysis of Dual Density Drilling Systems to Reduce Deepwater Drilling Costs
- Representative Well Descriptions for Comparative Analysis of Dual Density Deepwater Drilling Systems
- Feasibility Evaluation of Alternative Well Control Methods for a Riser Gas-Lift Approach for Dual Density Drilling
- Feasibility Study of Diluting a Weighted Drilling Fluid with a Low Density Liquid to Create a Riser Fluid for a Dual Density Drilling System
- Riser Mud Separation Study for Dual Density Drilling System Based on Riser Mud Dilution
- Vortex-Induced Vibration of Composite Risers at Moderate Reynolds Numbers Using Computational Fluid Dynamics